benjanaefall

benjanaefall

Friday, April 8, 2016

Jasmine Starts Gymnastics and gets a winning compliment

Wow!  My little Jasmine amazes me!  She has been growing by leaps and bounds!  I simply have to record what I have witnessed from her lately.
She started gymnastics yesterday.  She has been running, jumping, and especially climbing all over the apartment lately.  She has boundless energy!  I have to walk/run with her in the stroller everyday to keep up MY energy and keep up with her. We go to the park pretty much EVERY DAY and she climbs all over everything. This is also how we get out HER energy so she'll hopefully take a nap in the afternoon. 
She has been getting very steady on her feet lately.  She doesn't need as much help up or down stairs. But I always spot her like she is a gymnast.  I don't want her falling or hurting herself.  She AMAZED me by climbing all the way up the smaller slide with ease at the park the other day.  And she also amazed me by climbing the big kid jungle gym (with mom's help) the other day as well.
When I took her to gymnastics yesterday, she had a blast!  Her teacher, Miss Kiki, seems very fun.  Jasmine was in her element.  She was uncannily good at the balance beam, with a little help from Mom, of course.  She didn't hesitate to try out the tunnels, mats and all the other fun stuff at gymnastics.  In an hour, she wore me out!  There were at least 25 toddlers from 18 months to 3 years there.  Some had the usual meltdowns or were shy and some enjoyed it a little more than others.  Jasmine was on her A game.
When the class was over, Miss Kiki said Jasmine did a good job and I beamed.  We went and had frozen yogurt with Grandma GG after.  And Jasmine had a nice long nap when she got home.
Today it was raining.  So we went to the mall and I let Jasmine play in the play area.  When I stopped to sit down and take a rest, a man sitting next to me said to that she was pretty amazing.  He asked her age.  I told him she was 21 months old. He said he was an athletic recruiter by trade and that he was basically riveted by her sense of balance and her aggressiveness.  He had watched her climb and slide.  He watched her as she interacted with the other kids.  He had two toddlers who were there, so he said he knew what toddlers are capable of.  He said some coach would nab her up quickly for his team when she was older.  He said the word "stunning" to complement her.  Needless to say, I was beaming with Mama Bear pride.
I have never been too good at sports.  The only team I've ever been on was tennis for a semester in high school where I basically got my butt kicked!  I am thrilled that Jasmine is so agile and hopefully will put her mama to shame!!  I love this girl!
I thought of her birth-father and how he had a college baseball scholarship and then unfortunately had a sports injury.  He should be proud.  I will text the birth-mom today and let her know what I have seen lately so she can tell him.
I can't wait to tell Ben today as well.  I've been so happy, and was tempted to call and let him know about the sports recruiter, but I will tell him in person.  Needless to say, it is a proud mom kind of day.





Also, Jasmine has been moving so fast that I can't get as many good pictures of her lately.  Here are a few of my best attempts.

No comments:

Post a Comment